Thursday, December 15, 2011

I need to transfer a large amount of files to my friend in Manila. Which fileserver is best in download speed?

My friend need the files for her research in Manila. My concern is given the ADSL speed in Manila, which file hosting server is the fastest for her to download from. I'm currently using skydrive.live.com|||My friend is in Hawaii and I'm in California and the one we have had the best speeds with is http://megaupload.com/ I'm not sure if it will be the same for your areas but no matter what with ADSL it will likely take a while if the file is a decent size.





The fastest ones are the ones you have to pay to use. If you have to transfer files often then it may be worth looking in to, some don't cost that much. But, if you want to stick with free like I always do then I would check out megaupload|||You have to worry not only about the baseline speeds.. but are they going to charge her in Manila for exceeding the data limit, or will they "throttle" her connection because she downloaded too much?





There are good, free or low-cost solutions from many companies.. Google, Amazon, Mozy, DropBox and others. However, if you are willing to trust these files to some public company, over the internet, why not just investigate mailing rates, and mail a couple of DVDs or USB keys? It may be cheaper and more reliable in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment